June 6 is the birthday of President Ir Soekarno. Mr. Proclaimer was born on June 6, 1901. Soekarno was born in a densely populated village, namely Pandean IV, Peneleh Village, Genteng District, Surabaya City.Bung Karno's birth house is 200 meters from the front alley Pandean IV. At first glance, the house where Bung Karno was born is not conspicuous at all.
Wisata Pecinan Kembang Jepun
Kembang Jepun Chinatown is a night culinary destination in Surabaya. Various food and beverage vendors line at Jalan Kembang Jepun from 5 pm to 10 pm. If you want to visit there, make sure to mark the days on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday as the concept tour is only held on weekends. Not only culinary, traveling around the Chinatown area is a must to visit with a tourist pedicab provided there with flat rate of Rp. 20,000.
Peneleh area, or known as Peneleh Heritage is one of the areas that offers tourist attraction for tourists while visit Surabaya. Starting from the trace of Rumah Lahir Bung Karno (Bung Karno's Birth House), HOS Tjokroaminoto House, Jami' Peneleh Mosque to the Dutch Peneleh cemetery which can be reached on foot. Stopping by Lodji Cafe while enjoying the nuances of the past not far from Peneleh Cemetery marks the end of walking tour at Peneleh Heritage, Surabaya.
Langgar Dukur Kayu
Langgar Dukur Kayu, which used to be the place where President Soekarno recited the Quran when he was a child. In addition, there are Terracotta, Old Wells, Mbah Pitono's Tomb, Mbah Dimo's Tomb, Sheikh Zen Zaini Assegaf's Tomb, Wooden House, Jengki House and Ruin House which are the center of tourist attractions.
Gedung PTPN XI
The historical building that is now the office of PT. Perkebunan Nusantara XI originally belonged to HVA (Handels Vereeniging Amsterdam/Amsterdam Merchants Association). At that time in Indonesia, HVA handled sugar export activities abroad. The HVA building was built from 1920 to 1921 and inaugurated on April 18, 1925. The architect was Marius of the bureau of Hulswit, Fermont & Ed. Cuypers. The building style carries an eclecticism style and added elements of traditional Javanese culture to beautify the HVA building by presenting carvings and reliefs inspired by temples in East Java on several parts of the building walls. There are no half-hearted building materials used imported from the Netherlands and Belgium. However, the Japanese occupation of the Dutch East Indies marked the end of HVA in Indonesia. During independence, the building which had a U-shaped building plan was used as a weapon depot of the Japanese Army in East Java. From September 30 to October 1, 1945 Arek-arek Surabaya took over the authority and Japanese weapons to be used in defending the Indonesian state. After being captured, this building became the headquarters of the East Java Military Command and the Ministry of Defense. In addition, this building was also used as a place of negotiations between Colonel Pugh (General Mallaby's envoy) from the allied side and Dr. Moestopo from the Indonesian side which aimed to reconcile the two sides in 1945. In 1957 this building became the property of the government of the Republic of Indonesia. And in 1958 the Government of the Republic of Indonesia nationalized this building to be occupied by the State Plantation Company (PPN). PPN then changed its name to PTPN and this building was used by PTPN XXIV. Then this building changed its name to PTPN XI which was the result of the merger of PT Perkebunan XX and PT Perkebunan XXIV-XXV.
Kawasan Kota Lama (Europeesche Champ)
Jalan Rajawali is dominated by colonial architectural buildings. This road area is a corridor in Surabaya that still maintains its authenticity and is one of the three \"old villages\" which are often referred to as \"T-junctions\". The T-junction consists of the Arab region \"Ampel\". East Asia region \"Kembang Jepun\" and colonial area \"Jalan Rajawali\". Tourist attractions on Jalan Rajawali include Cigar building, Arcadia Hotel, SMPN 5 Surabaya, PTPN XII building, PTPN XI building, Pertamina building, Internatio building, De Javasche Bank Museum, Bank BNI, Kebonrojo Post Office, Sejarah Park, Red Bridge, Siropen syrup factory, Misoa noodle factory, Perak harbour, and many more. Jalan Rajawali is an old city tourist area that until now is highly visited by tourists, especially foreign tourists.
Kelenteng Boen Bio
The emergence of the Chinese temple as a result of the expansion of Chinatown area in Surabaya which used to be around Jl. Kembang Jepun, Jl. Slompretan, Jl. Cokelat and surrounding areas, to the east of Surabaya around the Kapasan area. The Chinese thinking area used to be called by the Dutch as \"Chineese Kamp\" which existed before the Dutch came to Surabaya. Boen Bio Temple has existed since the 1910s and is located in front of Surabaya Chinatown Tourism (WKP) which was formerly called Kungfu Village. Worship activities at Boen Bio Temple are crowded on Sundays.
The tourist attractions of the Tunjungan area are numerous, dominated by old buildings and cultural heritage buildings along Jalan Tunjungan. The historical memory of the tearing of the Dutch flag into the Red and White flag also occurred in one of the hotels on this street whose hotel existence still exists today. In the 1920s, Tunjungan was famous as a trading area. Now Jalan Tunjungan is getting more beautiful because of the optimal maintenance of the building, occupied as offices, contemporary food restaurants, and there is also Tunjungan Romansa.
Arca Joko Dolog
Located behind Taman Apsari, Joko Dolog statue which is a relic of the Singosari Kingdom, King Kertanegara. The Joko Dolog statue was carved by a person named Nada, and it was carried out approximately three years before King Kertanegara died because he was killed by Jayakartawang soldiers. This statue has a length of 166m, a width of 138cm, and a thickness of 105cm. Joko Dolog statue is depicted with a bald head and made in a sitting position of Bhumisparsa Mudra, which symbolizes calling the earth and witnesses, where the left hand is above the lap, while the right hand is bent above the knee. Joko Dolog statue is one of the famous choices of tourist destinations in the center of Surabaya.
Balai Kota Surabaya
Surabaya City Hall was established in 1915-1925. The architect was GC. Citroen and its implementation by H.V Hollandsche Beton Mij cost about 1000 gulden at that time (about 8 million) for the entire cost (including equipment). Therefore, Surabaya City Hall is known as 1000 gulden building. Until now, City Hall continues to function as the Surabaya City government office which is used by the Mayor and Deputy Mayor on duty. The City Hall itself also has a bunker that has two aisles, supposedly the right side connects the City Hall to the Mayor's Official House and the left side hallway leads to the Maranatha Church. In front of Surabaya City Hall there is a park called Taman Surya.
Balai Pemuda dan Alun-alun Surabaya
Balai Pemuda was built in 1907 and called as Simpangsche Societeit or Simpangsche Club as a nightlife facility for European elites (especially Dutch citizens) living in Surabaya. At that time the natives had difficulty pronouncing the name of this building so local residents named it Roemah Kamar Bola because there was a bilyard game. Simpangsche Societeit was built by an architect from the Netherlands named Westmaes. The building which is now one of Surabaya's cultural heritage is designed in such a way by taking into account the climate of Surabaya. The dome resembling a crown is a landmark of this Youth Hall Building. Now, Balai Pemuda as a center of art and cultural activities equipped with public facilities and a large open area. The newest facility in Balai Pemuda is Alun-alun Surabaya which consists of a basement area and an outdoor area. One of the highlights in the basement area is an exhibition area and skate boarding rink that can be used by public. Currently, Alun-alun Surabaya is also equipped with food court facilities.
Monumen Tugu Pahlawan dan Museum Sepuluh Nopember
The Heroes Monument was built with the shape of an \"inverted nail\" as high as 45 yards or 40.50 meters. At the bottom of the monument decorated with carvings depicting tridents, chakras, stamba, and padma as a symbol of the fire of struggle. The Heroes Monument contains monumental philosophical value as a symbol of the heroic spirit of arek-arek Suroboyo in the face of invaders. To support the existence of the Heroes Monument, in this area also built historical facilities, the Sepuluh Nopember Museum which was inaugurated on February 19, 2000 by the President of the Republic of Indonesia, KH. Abdurrahman Wahid. The building designed as pyramid-shaped in which there are as many as 416 collections consisting of Photo Collections, Looted Weapons and Artifacts from the Battle in Surabaya. In addition, in this museum there are also supporting facilities such as electronic dioramas and static dioramas.
Masjid Agung Sunan Ampel
The religious tourism attraction of Sunan Ampel Mosque and Graveyard is a place of pilgrimage. The Ampel Mosque was built to honor Sunan Ampel as one of the guardians of spreading Islam on the island of Java. He was the son of Ali Rachmatullah, later became Raden Rachmat who was finally referred to as Sunan Ampel. He died in 1481 and was buried on the right side of the Ampel Mosque. Ampel Mosque is widely visited as a religious tourist destination for Muslim tourists in general from local to international. The shape of the building is also still maintained until now.
DE JAVASCHE BANK (Museum Bank Indonesia)
De Javasche Bank carries the Neo-Renaissance concept which has characteristics such as symmetrical elements. This 1000 square meter building is actually the result of restoration in 1910. First functioned on September 14, 1829, the Dutch East Indies government decided to build a new building in the same place for reasons of modernization. The building is designed to be more friendly to the tropical climate in Indonesia. After De Javasche Bank was nationalized by the government in 1951, this building became the office of Bank Indonesia representative of Surabaya from 1953 to 1972. Then, on January 27, 2012, the three-storey building owned by Bank Indonesia was designated as a cultural heritage. Now, people who want to see the traces of banking in Surabaya can visit there for free. The location is also easily accessible by private vehicles and public transportation.
Gereja Kelahiran Santa Perawan Maria
The Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary is located on Jalan Kepanjen, so many people call it the Church of Kepanjen. This church is one of the European architectural heritage buildings. Built in 1899, the main building has a capacity of around 3000n congregations. The Kepanjen Church burned down in 1945 and was renovated on several sides without losing its original shape. The church building was built in a Neo Gothic style designed by architects named Westmaas (Netherlands) and Muljono Widjosastro (Indonesia).When entering the main room of this church building, you will be greeted with a magnificent room with classic European brick walls and pillars rising 12m high. Not only that, the foundation is said to be made of 799 galam wood poles with a depth of 15m. Large windows allow sunlight to enter. The colorful glass mosaics that form a picture of the journey of Christ and His disciples give a religious impression.When viewed from the outside above, the church building is in the shape of a cross.In addition to the main church room, in the area there is also a prayer room on the left side of the main building for prayer and the church office.